What should I know before giving my child tryptophan?

Do not give your child tryptophan. Researchers haven't fully studied the effects of tryptophan in children, and it's possible that it could cause a negative reaction. Your doctor can explain more about the concerns associated with tryptophan for children as well as adults.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Could MSG Affect Your Waistline?
Could MSG Affect Your Waistline?
Heard about the unpleasant reactions some people may have to monosodium glutamate (MSG)? Well, here's another potential drawback: weight gain. In a C...
How do my genes influence my body's reaction to food?
The University of North Carolina Nutrition Research Institute is a leader in the growing field o...
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
These sneaky sugar sources can sabotage your diet and send blood sugar levels soaring.
What Is the Role of Copper in my Body?
What Is the Role of Copper in my Body?