How should I take tryptophan?

Tryptophan (also called L-tryptophan) is generally taken orally (by mouth), although it has been given intravenously in some studies. It doesn't matter if you take it with or without food. How much you should take depends on why you're taking it. Always follow the directions of your doctor.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

10 Reasons to See a Dietitian That Aren’t About Weight Loss
If you’re struggling with a chronic illness, chances are you have regular appointments with your oncologist, cardiologist or gastroenterologist. If yo...
How do I find a good dietitian?
Lona SandonLona Sandon
Go to www.eatright.org and click on the link to "Find a Registered Dietitian". Then contact RD's in ...
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
These sneaky sugar sources can sabotage your diet and send blood sugar levels soaring.
What Are the Health Benefits of Organic Meat?