How can I make sure a food has the healthiest kind of fiber?

While fiber is an important part of your daily diet, what’s more important is making sure you’re getting the right kinds of fiber. Packaged foods that use the term “a good source of fiber” sometimes use a fiber additive that’s not as beneficial as the fiber found in natural foods like whole grains and vegetables. While this label is not totally misleading, in order to get the best sources of fiber, make sure you eat fresh, whole, fiber-rich foods too.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Are Nut Butters as Healthy as Nuts?
Are Nut Butters as Healthy as Nuts?
People get a little nutty about peanut butter, but they have a point. Nuts and pure nut butters made from nothing but peanuts (we know it’s a legume, ...
Do registered dietitians specialize in different populations?
Yes. Common populations that registered dieticians specialize in are diabetic, gerontological, and p...
7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet
7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet
These surprising picks may be sabotaging your weight loss plan.
How Can Adding a Pinch of Salt to Fruit Help Curb My Craving for Sweets?