How can I make sure a food has the healthiest kind of fiber?

While fiber is an important part of your daily diet, what’s more important is making sure you’re getting the right kinds of fiber. Packaged foods that use the term “a good source of fiber” sometimes use a fiber additive that’s not as beneficial as the fiber found in natural foods like whole grains and vegetables. While this label is not totally misleading, in order to get the best sources of fiber, make sure you eat fresh, whole, fiber-rich foods too.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Glyphosates and Carbs: What’s the Harm?
Glyphosates and Carbs: What’s the Harm?
Q: I read that the weed killer glyphosate—the one found responsible for causing cancer in that groundskeeper in California—is showing up in breakfast ...
How does Spirulina work?
Spirulina has not been proven to work for any of the conditions that people use it to treat. Mor...
What is the specific dynamic action (SDA) of foods?
Pierre DukanPierre Dukan
The specific dynamic action (SDA) of a food represents the effort or energy that the body has to...
Which Fats and Oils Are Healthy?
Which Fats and Oils Are Healthy?