What are the health risks of d-aspartic acid?

Chad Kramer
Chad Kramer on behalf of dotFIT
Fitness
D-Aspartic acid is one of the two forms of the amino acid called Aspartic acid (a non-essential amino acid and one of the two components of aspartame, an artificial sweetener). The naturally occurring form of Aspartic acid is L-Aspartic acid. It is mainly sold as a testosterone booster, although there is inconclusive research to support that it actually can increase testosterone. Possible side effects may include an increase in estrogen (if it actually does increase testosterone).

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Why You Should Be Eating Flaxseed
Why You Should Be Eating Flaxseed
One of the impressionist painter Jean Renoir’s favorite techniques was to dilute oil paint with linseed oil and turpentine so it ran down the canvass....
How are sodium levels regulated in my body?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Sodium levels are regulated by the kidney and adrenal gland. The adrenal gland produces a hormone ca...
Who should see a registered dietitian (RD)?
Sarah WordenSarah Worden
Great question! Anyone can benefit from seeing a registered dietitian. Dietitians can provide nutrit...
How Can I Benefit from Vitamin D Supplements?