What are the health risks of d-aspartic acid?

Chad Kramer
Chad Kramer on behalf of dotFIT
Fitness
D-Aspartic acid is one of the two forms of the amino acid called Aspartic acid (a non-essential amino acid and one of the two components of aspartame, an artificial sweetener). The naturally occurring form of Aspartic acid is L-Aspartic acid. It is mainly sold as a testosterone booster, although there is inconclusive research to support that it actually can increase testosterone. Possible side effects may include an increase in estrogen (if it actually does increase testosterone).

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Well-Balanced Meals Help Create Well-Balanced Relationships
In Sam Peckinpah’s 1969 western, The Wild Bunch, Pike (William Holden), Dutch (Ernest Borgnine), and Deke (Robert Ryan) were former members of a bank-...
What is oxalate?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Oxalate is a compound naturally found in many foods. These foods include fruits and vegetables, nuts...
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
These sneaky sugar sources can sabotage your diet and send blood sugar levels soaring.
What Should I Consider When Eating Products That Contain Agave?