What foods can I eat that will help keep me cool?

Looking for a natural, nutritional way to cool down during the hot days of July and August? Foods that are water-dense work well as natural coolers. Here are 10 foods to eat to help keep you cool:

• Watermelon
  • Herbal iced tea (not caffeinated iced tea—caffeine which heats you up)
  • Green salads
  • Grapes
  • Raw cucumbers
  • Corn on the cob
  • Peaches
  • Cooked rice
  • Tzatziki, a Greek cucumber yogurt dip, is perfect for dipping raw vegetables
  • Gazpacho, cold tomato and cucumber soup

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Kicking the Ultra-Processed Food Habit
Kicking the Ultra-Processed Food Habit
Nick Saban, the famous football coach for LSU and Alabama (his college coaching record is 232–63–1), found that focusing on “the process” was the key ...
What can I eat for sustained energy?
For sustained energy, combine complex carbohydrates with protein. Snacks to keep you going include l...
7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet
7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet
These surprising picks may be sabotaging your weight loss plan.
Why Should I Avoid Foods Made with White Flour?