What foods can I eat that will help keep me cool?

Looking for a natural, nutritional way to cool down during the hot days of July and August? Foods that are water-dense work well as natural coolers. Here are 10 foods to eat to help keep you cool:

• Watermelon
  • Herbal iced tea (not caffeinated iced tea—caffeine which heats you up)
  • Green salads
  • Grapes
  • Raw cucumbers
  • Corn on the cob
  • Peaches
  • Cooked rice
  • Tzatziki, a Greek cucumber yogurt dip, is perfect for dipping raw vegetables
  • Gazpacho, cold tomato and cucumber soup

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Change Your Future by Eating Better
Change Your Future by Eating Better
When Nicholas Cage played Cris Johnson in the 2007 movie Next, he saved the world with his ability to see into the future—two minutes ahead to be prec...
What are the nutritional benefits of eating oats?
Vandana  R. ShethVandana R. Sheth
Oats are one of the best sources of soluble fiber. Soluble fiber has been proven to help with loweri...
Will eating breakfast improve my health?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
A recent study among men found an association between eating breakfast and a decreased risk of heart...
What Are Whole Foods and Why Should I Eat Them?