Question

Nutrition

What food is a substitute for sweet potatoes?

• A Lona Sandon, Nutrition & Dietetics, answered
    I would be hard-pressed to find a good substitute for sweet potatoes. They are a power house of vitamin A and also provide vitamin C, B-6, potassium, and fiber. If I had to choose a substitute, I would go for butternut squash, another great source of vitamin A, potassium, and vitamin C.

Vitamin A is great for your skin and eyes, potassium can help you manage your blood pressure, and vitamin can help keep your immune system strong. All good reasons to include these bright orange vegetables into your weekly meal plan. 
    Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
What is the difference between whole wheat and whole grain?