How can eating fiber lower the risk of preeclampsia?

Fiber, along with plenty of water, can lessen your constipation and may even decrease your risk of preeclampsia. Some research suggests that eating 25 gm of fiber a day, including 100-percent whole grains, can reduce the risk of preeclampsia by up to 70 percent. More studies are needed to substantiate these findings.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Nutrition

What’s Good for Your Heart Is Good for Your Brain
Keeping your heart as healthy as possible will likely help your mind. Carra Richling from Ornish Lifestyle Medicine will help you learn how your diet ...
Why does eating chocolate make people happy?
Chocolate releases serotonin and another feel-good hormone called dopamine. Because of that rele...
7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet
7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet
These surprising picks may be sabotaging your weight loss plan.
What Are Some Healthy Alternatives for Sweets During the Holidays?