Should I let my doctor know I am taking carnitine?

Your doctor will likely have helped you figure out how much carnitine you should be taking depending on your condition or need. You should not use carnitine to treat medical conditions without first talking to your doctor. It is especially important to talk to your doctor if you have cirrhosis of the liver, diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease or peripheral vascular disease.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Surprising Link Between Your Gut and Heart Health
Hippocrates, who lived in Greece 2,500 years ago, is considered the father of medicine because he used observation and deduction to understand and tre...
What are the benefits of switching to a healthy diet?
Laura Katleman-PrueLaura Katleman-Prue
If you want to be healthy, start to make changes in your diet in a way that feels right for you. Rem...
How much caffeine is in food and beverages?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Chocolate does contain caffeine, but not much. A one-ounce milk chocolate bar or an 8-ounce glass of...
How Can I Get My Children to Eat More Vegetables?