Should I let my doctor know I am taking carnitine?

Your doctor will likely have helped you figure out how much carnitine you should be taking depending on your condition or need. You should not use carnitine to treat medical conditions without first talking to your doctor. It is especially important to talk to your doctor if you have cirrhosis of the liver, diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease or peripheral vascular disease.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

To Salt or Not to Salt
To Salt or Not to Salt
Yogi Berra once confided, “I didn’t really say everything I said.” We’re not sure if he said that before or after he said “take it with a grin of salt...
What are some nutrient-dense foods?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
Nutrient-dense foods include vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, seafood, low- or no-fat milk produ...
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
These sneaky sugar sources can sabotage your diet and send blood sugar levels soaring.
What Can I Do To Lessen My Cravings for Sweets?