What is the difference between alkaline and acidic foods?

The difference between alkaline and acidic foods is determined by the pH level of that food; the closer you are to 0, the more acidic a food is. Watch surgery specialist James "Butch" Rosser Jr., MD, explain the level that will keep you in balance.
Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
The difference between acidic and alkaline foods is what they do inside the body; foods are acid or alkaline-forming. Watch dietician me explain the difference and why alkaline-forming foods create a healthier environment for digestion.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Setting the Record Straight on Chocolate
“The greatest tragedies were written by the Greeks and Shakespeare . . . neither knew chocolate,” says Sandra Boynton, the author of the beloved birth...
What should I eat occasionally on the Traffic Light eating style?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Here is a list of foods that you should eat weekly or sometimes when following the Traffic Light e...
What does Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) mean?
Janis Jibrin, MS, RDJanis Jibrin, MS, RD
I’ll explain RDI -- a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) term -- but first I’ll offer some backgroun...
What Should I Consider When Eating Products That Contain Agave?