Can I use carnitine if I am breast-feeding?

When taken orally (by mouth), carnitine passes into breast milk while you are breast-feeding.

Experts say there's not enough research to show that it's safe to take carnitine while breast-feeding. Speak with your health-care provider before taking the supplement.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

The Power of Pistachios, Walnuts, Hazelnuts & Almonds
The Modesto Nuts—a farm team for the Seattle Mariners—adopted its name in 2005 to honor the almonds, walnuts and pistachios that are gown locally. The...
What foods should I eat to avoid MSG?
dotFITdotFIT
Monosodium glutamate is a flavor enhancer used in many foods and is very prevalent in Chinese food. ...
7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet
7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet
These surprising picks may be sabotaging your weight loss plan.
What Should I Know About Odd Omega Fatty Acids 3, 5, 7 and 9?