What is the best way to take carnitine?

If you need additional carnitine, your doctor will advise you on the proper dosage. That varies by supplement form and the condition you are treating. Generally speaking, acetyl-L-carnitine can be given in doses of 500 milligrams (mg.) to one gram (g), to be taken three times a day.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

A Calorie is Not Just a Calorie
A Calorie is Not Just a Calorie
In 1918, when Lulu Hunt Peters published her best-selling Diet and Health: with key to the calories, she was offering American women her personal solu...
Where can I find a dietitian who would help me gain weight?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
There are many places to find a registered dietitian (RD). Many RDs are working in the outpatient de...
How common are diet-related health problems?
Margaret FloydMargaret Floyd
Families all across the United States are struggling with how to feed their families with limite...
What Superfoods Can I Buy for $5 or Less?