What can I eat instead of ice cream if I'm trying to lose weight?

Swap that bowl of ice cream for a delicious homemade treat that will satisfy your cravings for something cold and sweet -- and is healthy, too. For the recipe, watch this video featuring Cleveland Clinic dietitian and Dr. Oz Show guest Kristin Kirkpatrick.

Lisa Lillien

There are some great options for satisfying your sweet tooth in a healthy way. Hungry Girl author Lisa Lillien talks in this video about delicious diet desserts.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

3 Little Eating Changes With Big Weight Loss Benefits
When you think of losing weight, do you think of feeling hungry all the time, eating foods that taste like cardboard and never having another bowl of...
How can eating beans help me lose weight?
Maybe they're called "magical fruit" in children's rhymes for a reason -- just not for the flatu...
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
Lose weight (without sacrificing flavor) with these simple food swaps.
What Are "Superfoods" That Can Help Me Lose Weight?