What foods should I throw out if I want to lose weight?

Give your kitchen a makeover and create a nutritional haven filled with good-for-your-waist foods that make it easy to eat right. Purge your refrigerator and cabinets of any foods that break Dr. Oz's Rule of 5. Read the labels of everything in your kitchen. If something has any of the following as one of the first five ingredients, throw it out:
  • Simple sugars
  • Syrups
  • White flour
  • Saturated fats
  • Trans fats
Once you’ve cleaned out these foods, go shopping. Stock up with fresh produce, lean protein and whole grains.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Eating to Lose Weight? Sprinkle on Red Pepper Flakes
Wouldn't it be great if you could just sprinkle something on your food to help you lose weight? Research suggests these fiery flakes might fit the bil...
Will my diet alone help me lose weight?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
Here is the interesting thing:  If your only goal is to lose weight than diet alone can do this. If,...
5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss
5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss
Want to shed pounds? These five foods can help you reach your weight-loss goals.
How Do You Define Quality Food?
How Do You Define Quality Food?