What foods should I throw out if I want to lose weight?

Give your kitchen a makeover and create a nutritional haven filled with good-for-your-waist foods that make it easy to eat right. Purge your refrigerator and cabinets of any foods that break Dr. Oz's Rule of 5. Read the labels of everything in your kitchen. If something has any of the following as one of the first five ingredients, throw it out:
  • Simple sugars
  • Syrups
  • White flour
  • Saturated fats
  • Trans fats
Once you’ve cleaned out these foods, go shopping. Stock up with fresh produce, lean protein and whole grains.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Diet Quality or Calories—What Matters More for Weight Loss?
The standard advice for losing weight has long been to eat fewer calories than you burn. But a new study suggests this might not paint the whole pictu...
Can eating avocado help with weight loss?
Avocado can help you whittle your waist. It's true! Researchers suspect that the unsaturated fat...
6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight
6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight
Shed pounds without ever having to break a sweat.
What Is a Healthy Recipe for Holiday Cookies?