What foods should I throw out if I want to lose weight?

Give your kitchen a makeover and create a nutritional haven filled with good-for-your-waist foods that make it easy to eat right. Purge your refrigerator and cabinets of any foods that break Dr. Oz's Rule of 5. Read the labels of everything in your kitchen. If something has any of the following as one of the first five ingredients, throw it out:
  • Simple sugars
  • Syrups
  • White flour
  • Saturated fats
  • Trans fats
Once you’ve cleaned out these foods, go shopping. Stock up with fresh produce, lean protein and whole grains.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Boost Metabolism with Spicy Foods for Weight Loss
Want to boost your metabolism, burn more fat, and lose weight faster? Add spicy fare to your diet. That's right. Adding spice, such as hot peppers, t...
How should I eat if I want to lose weight?
Rose ReismanRose Reisman
Choose foods you enjoy when you are trying to lose weight. This is the most important thing you ...
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
Lose weight (without sacrificing flavor) with these simple food swaps.
Is Obesity a Disease?
Is Obesity a Disease?