What are the benefits of daikon radish?

A member of the radish family, daikon is an excellent source of fiber, vitamin C, phosphorus, and potassium. Daikon is a common ingredient in Asian cuisine. It contains natural enzymes that aid in the digestion of fat and carbohydrates. Peel and grate this vegetable and add to soups, salads, or stir-fry dishes. Daikon can also be used in any recipe that calls for traditional radishes.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Get Skinny Faster with This Switch
Get Skinny Faster with This Switch
When it comes to the battle of the bulge, you have a better shot of winning if you make this simple switch: Drink water instead of soda and plain tea ...
Can drinking white tea help me lose weight?
Seems the white version of tea may be a veritable fat blaster. When human fat cells were treated...
6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's
6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's
Cauliflower pizza crust and other prepackaged foods that won’t blow your diet.
What Can I Eat Before a Holiday Party So I Don't Overdo It?