Should I give up nuts to lose weight?

Keri Gans
There’s no reason to eliminate nuts from your diet, but you may be overdoing it, which is slowing up your weight loss. Just because a food is good for you doesn’t mean that eating more of it will make you healthier. Sometimes it just makes you heavier! One thing I always tell my patients: Never eat nuts from the jar or container. It’s too easy to overeat. Measure out one serving (one ounce = visually a shot glass full) first, then enjoy!
The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You

THE ONLY “DIET” PLAN YOU WILL EVER NEED! No deprivation, no struggles. Just ten small changes that will transform your life. Keri Gans, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, shares...

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Burn More Calories with This Sandwich Choice
Energy used for digestion accounts for a good chunk of your daily calorie burn. And you can boost that burn even higher just by choosing whole-grain b...
What type of foods should I avoid to achieve weight loss?
Weight Watchers®Weight Watchers®
Rather than thinking about foods in terms of "good" and "bad," a real key to successful weight loss ...
6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight
6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight
Shed pounds without ever having to break a sweat.
3 Nutrition Tips to Lose Weight
3 Nutrition Tips to Lose Weight