Should I give up nuts to lose weight?

Keri Gans
There’s no reason to eliminate nuts from your diet, but you may be overdoing it, which is slowing up your weight loss. Just because a food is good for you doesn’t mean that eating more of it will make you healthier. Sometimes it just makes you heavier! One thing I always tell my patients: Never eat nuts from the jar or container. It’s too easy to overeat. Measure out one serving (one ounce = visually a shot glass full) first, then enjoy!
The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You

THE ONLY “DIET” PLAN YOU WILL EVER NEED! No deprivation, no struggles. Just ten small changes that will transform your life. Keri Gans, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, shares...

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

4 Unexpected Smoothie Mix-Ins That Boost Weight Loss
Some smoothies aren't as healthy as you might think. If you're overloading your blender, even with healthy ingredients, you could be consuming too man...
What percentage of fat, carbs, and protein make up a healthy diet?
Natasha Turner, NDNatasha Turner, ND
The Glyci-Med style of eating is incorporating a Mediterranean diet while also eating for glycemic b...
5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss
5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss
Want to shed pounds? These five foods can help you reach your weight-loss goals.
How Do You Balance the Need to Cook Good Meals with a Time-Constrained Culture?