Should I eat fruit if I'm trying to lose weight?

Stefanie Sacks, MS
You should never cut fruit out of your diet; if you are trying to lose weight, choose whole fruits with a low glycemic index. In this video, culinary nutritionist Stefanie Sacks discusses why eating whole, low-sugar fruits is so beneficial. 

Fruit is a healthier choice than a cookie or donut, but if you're trying to lose weight you need to pick the right ones, says Dr. Oz. Watch this video to learn which fruits to leave in the fruit bowl if you're dieting.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Feeling Fat? Eat This Fish for Protection
Okay, so maybe you're not at your dream weight. (Who is?) But you could guard against some of the health risks that come with extra pounds just by eat...
What foods can I eat a lot of if I want to lose weight?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
Some foods -- such as celery -- can be eaten without much concern about weight gain. These foods are...
6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight
6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight
Shed pounds without ever having to break a sweat.
What Is the Most Critical Medical Issue Americans Face?