Should I consume more vitamins if I'm trying to lose weight?

No matter what type of weight-loss plan you choose to cut calories, you'll make a big mistake if you don't take care of your nutrient needs. A study conducted by researchers at Stanford University found that four popular weight-loss plans didn't take vitamin demands into account, meaning that people losing pounds were also losing important health benefits. The researchers identified vitamins A, C, E, and K as the most depleted in dieters.

The takeaway: Pay attention to your vitamin needs if you change your eating plan. Consider taking a multivitamin when cutting calories to keep your immune system strong.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

A Calorie is Not Just a Calorie
A Calorie is Not Just a Calorie
In 1918, when Lulu Hunt Peters published her best-selling Diet and Health: with key to the calories, she was offering American women her personal solu...
Can I eat forbidden foods if I want to lose weight?
Manuel VillacortaManuel Villacorta
I don't believe you should run from your favorite real foods. Rather, you should learn the right por...
6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight
6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight
Shed pounds without ever having to break a sweat.
What Are the Benefits to Drinking Tea?
What Are the Benefits to Drinking Tea?