How can drinking less soda help with weight loss?

Keri Gans
If you drink sweetened soda, be brave and give it up—you will find it much easier to cut calories and lose weight. You need to consume 500 calories less per day to lose one pound a week (again, 3,500 calories = one pound). If you drink two 20-ounce bottles of soda a day, and cut them out of your diet, you’ll save 500 calories right there. Boom—one pound gone.
The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You

THE ONLY “DIET” PLAN YOU WILL EVER NEED! No deprivation, no struggles. Just ten small changes that will transform your life. Keri Gans, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, shares...

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Boost Metabolism with Spicy Foods for Weight Loss
Want to boost your metabolism, burn more fat, and lose weight faster? Add spicy fare to your diet. That's right. Adding spice, such as hot peppers, t...
How much fat should I eat if I want to lose weight?
Most successful weight-loss plans call for a reduction in both calories and fat, although fat is...
5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss
5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss
Want to shed pounds? These five foods can help you reach your weight-loss goals.
How Do You Define Quality Food?
How Do You Define Quality Food?