How can eating hot peppers help me lose weight?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
A little bit of heat can make your metabolism burn extra calories, says registered dietician Ashley Koff. In this video, Koff talks about the weight-loss boost you can get from hot peppers.

Add some heat to your meals and you'll boost not only the taste but also the effectiveness of your weight loss diet. A dash of cayenne pepper or some diced jalapeno or red peppers will do the trick. They all contain capsaicin -- the heat-inducing compound in red peppers that, according to research, tamps down appetite and curbs food intake later in the day.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

4 Ways to Make Healthy Eating Easier
4 Ways to Make Healthy Eating Easier
Plan your meals. Start each day knowing when and what you're going to eat. That way, you'll avert the 180-degree shift between starving and gorgi...
What healthy fast foods can I eat for breakfast if I want to lose weight?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
Here are some quick breakfast ideas:Egg white omelet with spinach, tomato and low fat cheeseWhole wh...
5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss
5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss
Want to shed pounds? These five foods can help you reach your weight-loss goals.
Can the Chronic Health Issues Seen in Children Be Attributed to Bad Diet?