How can eating healthy foods help me lose weight?

Healthier foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and multigrain products tend to stay with us longer so we don’t fall prey to the hunger bug.

Make healthy food a habit. If that’s all you have around and you’re hungry, you will reach for it. Make your plate colorful. Half of your plate should be vegetables and fruits.

This is about respect and honoring your body. It is shortsighted to consistently choose the unhealthy option. Each time you choose the less-than-healthy option, wait a beat and think about what you are about to put into your body. Choose well. When you eat well-prepared food made with high-quality ingredients, a little goes a long way. The more you learn to listen to -- and honor -- yourself, the more it will extend to how you feed yourself.
You Are WHY You Eat: Change Your Food Attitude, Change Your Life

An intelligent, timely, and prescriptive book that shows how your attitude towards food often reflects your attitude towards other areas in your life--jobs, relationships, money--and how you can...

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Lose Weight: Avoid 3 Temptations for Diet Success
Ever wonder why you ordered the four-cheese pizza with pepperoni and sausage instead of that salad? Or why you can't keep your hands off those adorabl...
How can I lose body fat quickly by controlling my blood sugar?
Tim FerrissTim Ferriss
For fastest fat-loss, minimize your blood sugar bumps above 100 to no more than two per day.I was ab...
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
Lose weight (without sacrificing flavor) with these simple food swaps.
What Are Some Healthy Alternatives for Sweets During the Holidays?