How can eating potatoes help me lose weight?

Hate having to pass on the potatoes for the sake of your pants size? Well, you may not have to. Just eat them cold -- as in vinegar potato salad. If you chill potatoes overnight, they form something called resistant starch crystals -- a constituent of fiber that triggers the production of two hunger-halting hormones, according to research. And resistant starch helps the body incinerate more fat for fuel while making less fat available to stash away in fat cells.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Coffee and Weight Control: Is There a Link?
In the Netflix series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, Jerry Seinfeld drives around with colleagues like Ricky Gervais (in a 1967 Austin-Healey 3000)...
Can my child eat sweets while trying to lose weight?
TriStar StoneCrest Medical CenterTriStar StoneCrest Medical Center
Even if you are trying to get your child to lose weight, let him or her eat some sweets. It’s import...
6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight
6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight
Shed pounds without ever having to break a sweat.
How Do You Balance the Need to Cook Good Meals with a Time-Constrained Culture?