How can eating potatoes help me lose weight?

Hate having to pass on the potatoes for the sake of your pants size? Well, you may not have to. Just eat them cold -- as in vinegar potato salad. If you chill potatoes overnight, they form something called resistant starch crystals -- a constituent of fiber that triggers the production of two hunger-halting hormones, according to research. And resistant starch helps the body incinerate more fat for fuel while making less fat available to stash away in fat cells.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Belly-Flattening Breakfast Choices
Belly-Flattening Breakfast Choices
Need weight-loss help? This will make a big belly difference: Start your day with a high-protein breakfast (think eggs, maybe in a frittata). This shi...
How much fat should I eat if I want to lose weight?
Most successful weight-loss plans call for a reduction in both calories and fat, although fat is...
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
Lose weight (without sacrificing flavor) with these simple food swaps.
How Can the Obesity Problem In America Be Solved?