How can I eat pork if I'm trying to lose weight?

Keri Gans
To enjoy pork without sabotaging your waistline, follow these tips:
  • For the leanest cut, look for the word loin, i.e., tenderloin, loin chops, loin roasts.
  • Remove most of the external visible fat on the pork before you cook it.
  • Cook pork using a low-fat cooking method, including roasting, grilling, broiling, poaching, or braising.
  • Pass up high-fat sauces. Rather, flavor pork with herbs and spices. Coriander, cumin, curry powder, dill, garlic, rosemary, sage, savory, and thyme all go well with pork.
  • Watch your portions. Like beef, the recommended serving size is three ounces.
The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You

THE ONLY “DIET” PLAN YOU WILL EVER NEED! No deprivation, no struggles. Just ten small changes that will transform your life. Keri Gans, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, shares...

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

4 Ways to Make Healthy Eating Easier
4 Ways to Make Healthy Eating Easier
Plan your meals. Start each day knowing when and what you're going to eat. That way, you'll avert the 180-degree shift between starving and gorging ...
Should I give up nuts to lose weight?
Keri GansKeri Gans
There’s no reason to eliminate nuts from your diet, but you may be overdoing it, which is slowin...
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
Lose weight (without sacrificing flavor) with these simple food swaps.
Imagine Yourself Eating Healthier
Imagine Yourself Eating Healthier