How can I eat less when eating out?

Sharine Forbes
Geriatric Medicine
If you find yourself eating more food then you would like, then I would recommend having a light snack and a bottle of water before heading out. This, in turn, will fill your stomach and reduce the amount of food you will consume. Also, having a healthy snack, like baby carrots or a fruit, along with water keeps your metabolism working. Thus, utilizing this sort of method will deter the amount of food you consume.
One of the biggest causes behind rising obesity rates is miscalculating how much we're really eating. This often happens when eating out, where you don't control the portion sizes and you clean your plate no matter how much is piled on it.

Put aside at least 10% of the food on your plate to save for later. Before eating, drink 8 ounces of water, and try the soup option before ordering the main course (you may be surprised at how satisfied it makes you feel).

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Boost Metabolism with Spicy Foods for Weight Loss
Want to boost your metabolism, burn more fat, and lose weight faster? Add spicy fare to your diet. That's right. Adding spice, such as hot peppers, t...
How can I eat crackers and still lose weight?
Keri GansKeri Gans
Whole-grain crackers or crispbreads and a slice of low-fat cheese make a tasty and satisfying sn...
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
Lose weight (without sacrificing flavor) with these simple food swaps.
How Can the Obesity Problem In America Be Solved?