Why is too much fatty food and alcohol dangerous?

With 300,000 Americans dying from obesity-related complications every year, overindulgence has become a seriously dangerous habit.

How you can veverse the damage:

Eating too many fatty foods and drinking too much alcohol wreaks havoc on your liver, a vital organ responsible for clearing toxins from your body. When you consistently eat and drink too much, your liver becomes fatty and scarred, making it less able to do its job. Luckily, the liver is the most forgiving organ in the body. Six months after you stop drinking, your liver will return to normal.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

6 Ways to Eat More and Weigh Less
6 Ways to Eat More and Weigh Less
Everyone who has ever tried to lose weight is on a first-name basis with lettuce. But who isn't bored silly by a bowl of greens with some diced chicke...
How should I eat if I want to lose weight?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
Altering the quality as well as the quantity of food that you eat is important when you are trying t...
6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's
6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's
Cauliflower pizza crust and other prepackaged foods that won’t blow your diet.
Why You Should Skip Sugar Substitutes
Why You Should Skip Sugar Substitutes