Will eating a grapefruit with each meal make me lose weight?

Unfortunately, no. If you are looking to gain weight or even keep your weight stable, the addition of a grapefruit at each meal would presumably increase your calorie intake (though not a lot). Weight gain occurs from calories eaten that are above your maintenance levels and any calorie above maintenance, regardless of the source, can be converted to fat. In order to lose weight, you must burn more calories than you consume.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Feeling Fat? Eat This Fish for Protection
Okay, so maybe you're not at your dream weight. (Who is?) But you could guard against some of the health risks that come with extra pounds just by eat...
How can the time of day when I eat affect my weight loss?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
Different experts have different theories about the time of day you should eat if you want to lose w...
6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's
6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's
Cauliflower pizza crust and other prepackaged foods that won’t blow your diet.
How Do You Define Quality Food?
How Do You Define Quality Food?