Can eating less meat help with weight loss?

Judy Caplan

It depends on what you substitute for the meat. Some meats are high in fat. Substituting chicken, turkey, fish, seafood, beans, and tofu products for fatty cuts of beef will lower your total fat and calories. If you fill up on more fresh produce, beans, and controlled portions of whole grains instead of fatty cuts of meat, you will probably lose weight.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Eat On-The-Go Without Getting Fat
Eat On-The-Go Without Getting Fat
In the midst of traveling, your thoughts are typically set on the destination ahead—not on the food you’ll eat along the way. Unfortunately, when hung...
What should I drink if I'm trying to lose weight?
Cutting out sugary sodas can go a long way toward improving your health and helping you lose weight....
6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's
6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's
Cauliflower pizza crust and other prepackaged foods that won’t blow your diet.
What Is a Healthy Recipe for Holiday Cookies?