Can combining certain foods help me lose weight?

No specific foods, when eaten together, have been shown to trigger weight loss. Some diets claim that combining certain foods, or eating only certain foods at certain times, can boost weight loss, but research has shown no benefit to this approach. The best way to lose weight and keep it off is to follow a balanced diet based on foods that supply protein, carbohydrates and fat, in modest portions.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Eat On-The-Go Without Getting Fat
Eat On-The-Go Without Getting Fat
In the midst of traveling, your thoughts are typically set on the destination ahead—not on the food you’ll eat along the way. Unfortunately, when hung...
How many calories should I eat to lose weight?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
The specific number of calories you need every day to lose weight depends on your body type, metabol...
7 Effortless Eating Hacks for Summer Weight Loss
7 Effortless Eating Hacks for Summer Weight Loss7 Effortless Eating Hacks for Summer Weight Loss7 Effortless Eating Hacks for Summer Weight Loss7 Effortless Eating Hacks for Summer Weight Loss
Shed pounds without ever having to break a sweat.
Why Do Some People Stay Skinny?
Why Do Some People Stay Skinny?