Can apples help with weight loss?

Dr. Anita Gupta
Anesthesiology
An apple contains 4 -5 grams of fiber, vitamin C, water, and potassium.  Because of this, an apple will make you feel full and prevent the temptation to eat other foods high in calories. Apples are a low-sodium food and, therefore, help prevent excess water weight or retention.
Dr. Robin Miller, MD

They already help keep the doctor away, but apples might pack even more benefits. In this video, Dr. Robin Miller reveals the surprising ways apples can help whittle your waist.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Eating to Lose Weight? Sprinkle on Red Pepper Flakes
Wouldn't it be great if you could just sprinkle something on your food to help you lose weight? Research suggests these fiery flakes might fit the bil...
Should I eat fruit if I'm trying to lose weight?
Stefanie Sacks, MSStefanie Sacks, MS
You should never cut fruit out of your diet; if you are trying to lose weight, choose whole fruits w...
5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss
5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss
Want to shed pounds? These five foods can help you reach your weight-loss goals.
A Mealtime Trick to Stop Overeating
A Mealtime Trick to Stop Overeating