Why should I avoid salt if I want to lose weight?

Marla  Heller, MS, RD

To lose weight you want to avoid salt, because salt causes you to retain fluid, making it harder to shed lbs. Watch as registered dietitian Marla Heller discusses which foods we are getting the most salt from and how much we should really be eating.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Food Additive That Makes You Fat?
Food Additive That Makes You Fat?
To keep your waistline trim, you might want to make sure this flavor enhancer doesn't make its way into your mouth: MSG, or monosodium glutamate. MSG...
Can diet foods make me fat?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
Absolutely. Much to my surprise when I started reading labels of foods like my diet bread and diet s...
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
Lose weight (without sacrificing flavor) with these simple food swaps.
What Are Some of the Biggest Challenges In Healthcare Today?