Why should I avoid salt if I want to lose weight?

Marla  Heller, MS, RD

To lose weight you want to avoid salt, because salt causes you to retain fluid, making it harder to shed lbs. Watch as registered dietitian Marla Heller discusses which foods we are getting the most salt from and how much we should really be eating.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Nutrition and Weight Loss

Nutrition and Weight Loss

You've probably heard 'you are what you eat' at least a hundred times, but next time you do, don't dismiss it. Nutrition and weight loss are inextricably linked and without the proper diet plan, it won't matter how much exercise y...

ou do. Some foods, like hemp seeds, cinnamon and curry leaves are nutrient-dense and can help bust belly fat, while other seemingly healthier choices like 100-calorie bags of chips and boxed granola bars can sabotage weight loss. The key is to arm yourself with information and the questions below can help.