Why should I avoid salt if I want to lose weight?

Marla  Heller, MS, RD

To lose weight you want to avoid salt, because salt causes you to retain fluid, making it harder to shed lbs. Watch as registered dietitian Marla Heller discusses which foods we are getting the most salt from and how much we should really be eating.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Burn More Calories with This Sandwich Choice
Energy used for digestion accounts for a good chunk of your daily calorie burn. And you can boost that burn even higher just by choosing whole-grain b...
Will eating a grapefruit with each meal make me lose weight?
Unfortunately, no. If you are looking to gain weight or even keep your weight stable, the additi...
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
Lose weight (without sacrificing flavor) with these simple food swaps.
What Is a Superfood?
What Is a Superfood?