Why should I avoid salt if I want to lose weight?

Marla  Heller, MS, RD

To lose weight you want to avoid salt, because salt causes you to retain fluid, making it harder to shed lbs. Watch as registered dietitian Marla Heller discusses which foods we are getting the most salt from and how much we should really be eating.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

How to Choose the Right Foods to Fuel Your Weight Loss
Weight loss is hard. As we learned in the previous installments of our Science of Weight Loss series, just when you think you’re doing everything rig...
What are some nutrition tips to help me lose weight?
Dominique AdairDominique Adair
6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight
6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight
Shed pounds without ever having to break a sweat.
6 Secrets to Lasting Weight Loss
6 Secrets to Lasting Weight Loss