How can I avoid buying high sugar or high sodium food?

To avoid buying high sugar or sodium food:

1. Beware of "fat-free" or "zero trans fats" foods as you could be trading fats for huge amounts of sugar or sodium.

2. Dump the junk food. If you want to avoid temptation, make sure you clean out the fridge and the pantry.

3. Make sure you check food labels and avoid anything with more than 4 grams of sugar, especially high-fructose corn syrup, per serving.

4. Fast food is salty food. If you cut back on the salt, in a few weeks you'll be able to better taste the natural salts in food and may not crave the junk as much as you used to.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Get Slim: Take a Lunch Break!
Get Slim: Take a Lunch Break!
Eating lunch at your desk? Good for productivity, maybe. But very bad for your waistline. Research confirms it. Seems that eating when your mind is so...
Can drinking white tea help me lose weight?
Seems the white version of tea may be a veritable fat blaster. When human fat cells were treated...
7 Effortless Eating Hacks for Summer Weight Loss
7 Effortless Eating Hacks for Summer Weight Loss7 Effortless Eating Hacks for Summer Weight Loss7 Effortless Eating Hacks for Summer Weight Loss7 Effortless Eating Hacks for Summer Weight Loss
Shed pounds without ever having to break a sweat.
Are All Processed Foods Bad for You?
Are All Processed Foods Bad for You?