What fruits should I eat while pregnant?

Sarah Krieger

Absolutely! The more variety of fruits (without added sugar), the better. There are studies that have shown that the infants of moms that ate a larger variety of fruits and vegetables during pregnancy more easily accepted those tastes when they were offered as infants and toddlers. So if you want your child to love pears, watermelon, lychees, mangoes or any other fruit, you better eat them during pregnancy!

Also, please do not be concerned that fruits contain "sugar" as some will say. There is so much going on in fruit: fiber, water, vitamins, minerals and a natural fructose-not table sugar. So eat fruit instead of cookies or ice cream for a sweet treat with so much more--during pregnancy.

Continue Learning about Nutrition & Pregnancy

Pregnancy: Think Before You Drink
Pregnancy: Think Before You Drink
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 10 percent of pregnant women say they’ve had some alcohol, and one out of every 33 admits...
How closely do I need to monitor my diet when I'm pregnant?
I know that your eating habits can flip-flop and that shifting hormone levels can steer you in odd d...
What are some guidelines for healthy eating during pregnancy?
When you are pregnant, it is important that both you and your developing baby get all the nutrition ...
What Are Common Misconceptions About Pregnancy and Diet?