I am pregnant and usually very hungry. What should I know about snacking?

Since you are eating for two (or more) when you are pregnant, your body needs more nutrients, vitamins and minerals, and calories. You may have already noticed that your appetite has increased. This is normal. Snacking can help in this regard, but you should avoid snacks high in sugar, such as soda or candy bars, and make sure you drink milk and tap water with fluoride whenever you can. Your baby needs calcium for his or her developing teeth and bones.

Continue Learning about Nutrition & Pregnancy

Pregnancy: Think Before You Drink
Pregnancy: Think Before You Drink
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 10 percent of pregnant women say they’ve had some alcohol, and one out of every 33 admits...
How can drinking milk affect my pregnancy?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
The dairy industry’s marketing mantra of “three-a-day” could take on a whole new meaning in light of...
Are senna supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
Tieraona Low Dog, MDTieraona Low Dog, MD
Senna supplements are used as stimulating laxatives for constipation, but it's considered safe for s...
How Much Damage Did I Do If I Drank Before I Knew I Was Pregnant?