How much water should I drink every day if I'm pregnant?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
If you're eating a 2,000-calorie diet, you need to drink 2 to 3 liters of water every day. Pregnant women generally need to increase their daily calorie intake by about 300 calories during the second trimester. This means that you'll need to drink an additional half liter of water each day.
The Woman's Migraine Toolkit: Managing Your Headaches from Puberty to Menopause (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

Migraines are a common, controllable type of headache that affects one in every six women, more than 20 million in the United States alone. The Woman’s Migraine Toolkit helps readers take charge of...

Continue Learning about Nutrition & Pregnancy

DHA-Omega 3s for Expecting Moms
DHA-Omega 3s for Expecting Moms
More and more evidence is piling up about the health benefits of eating foods high in DHA omega-3 fatty acids, like salmon and trout and taking DHA-om...
How can drinking milk affect my pregnancy?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
The dairy industry’s marketing mantra of “three-a-day” could take on a whole new meaning in light of...
Do pregnant women need to eat 300 extra calories a day?
Not all women need to eat extra calories during pregnancy. Find out more in this video as Dr. Oz...
What Are Common Misconceptions About Pregnancy and Diet?