How frequently should I eat when I'm pregnant?

When you're pregnant, it's smarter to eat five or six small meals throughout the day rather than do the traditional three squares. That will help you avoid drops in blood sugar, which can cause cravings.

Maintaining an even blood sugar level will also help you avoid nausea. Mainly, though, it will help you feel satisfied so you don't have the urge to dive head first into a gallon of caramel-infused nougat.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Nutrition & Pregnancy

What You Eat During Pregnancy Influences Your Child’s Food Choices Later in Life
We know moms-to-be are aware of the importance of staying healthy for themselves and the health of their baby, but it’s easy to overlook how powerful ...
Do I need to limit fluids during delivery of your baby?
There's no need to limit fluids during labor, though hospitals do like to restrict them because vomi...
What are some guidelines for healthy eating during pregnancy?
Riverside Women's HealthRiverside Women's Health
A pregnant woman needs more of many important vitamins, minerals and nutrients than she did before p...
What Are the Most Important Nutrients to Get During Pregnancy?