What will nurses do for my hospitalized child?

Nurses are the people who will care for your child most frequently. They administer medications, take vital readings, and do a thousand other things to make sure all treatment orders are being followed, nothing is going wrong, and your child is as comfortable as possible. Nurses are usually the most accessible caregivers; turn to them first with requests, questions, or problems.

Nurse managers manage the other nurses on a floor or in a department. If you’re not happy with something and have repeatedly asked a nurse or nurse’s aide to remedy the problem, ask to see the nurse manager.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Nursing

7 Ways to Instantly De-Stress
7 Ways to Instantly De-Stress
Stress can manifest itself in some strange ways like frequent headaches and colds, tiredness and back pain. Nurses are at particular risk for stress a...
What does an emergency room (ER) nurse do?
Los Robles Hospital & Medical CenterLos Robles Hospital & Medical Center
Registered nurses in emergency departments are trained on multiple different areas and are experienc...
9 Ways to Beat Nursing Burnout
9 Ways to Beat Nursing Burnout9 Ways to Beat Nursing Burnout9 Ways to Beat Nursing Burnout9 Ways to Beat Nursing Burnout
Get tips and resources to help overcome your emotional exhaustion.
Guardian Nurses Healthcare Advocate - The Right Results