How can a nurse help me assess a care facility?

Anthony Cirillo
Geriatric Medicine

Take a nurse with you when you go to visit a care facility to find out if:

• Is there a multidisciplinary approach to care, that is, is there a team approach?
  • Is care individualized for each patient?
  • What kind of quality assurance program do they have in place?
  • How is their data handled?
  • Are medical records computerized?
  • Is there full documentation of what is taking place?
  • What are the checks and balances in place to assure that everything is being done above board?
  • What emergency procedures are in place?
  • What hospital will a resident be taken to if care is needed?
  • How is a resident's own physician brought into the care team?
Who Moved My Dentures? 13 False (Teeth) Truths About Long-Term Care and Aging in America

Who Moved My Dentures dispels 13 different myths about long-term care and aging in America as told through human interest stories of people the author has met through his work as a healthcare...

Continue Learning about Nursing

7 Ways to Instantly De-Stress
7 Ways to Instantly De-Stress
Stress can manifest itself in some strange ways like frequent headaches and colds, tiredness and back pain. Nurses are at particular risk for stress a...
Why are nurses such trusted sources of healthcare information?
Sharon M. Weinstein, MS, RNSharon M. Weinstein, MS, RN
Let’s think about the word trust.  Patients place their trust in us each time they are admitted to o...
Everyday Nursing Activities That Do (and Don’t) Count as Exercise
Everyday Nursing Activities That Do (and Don’t) Count as ExerciseEveryday Nursing Activities That Do (and Don’t) Count as ExerciseEveryday Nursing Activities That Do (and Don’t) Count as ExerciseEveryday Nursing Activities That Do (and Don’t) Count as Exercise
Find out which nursing activities can help slim your waistline.
Guardian Nurses Healthcare Advocate - Helping Families