Will nose disorders affect my sense of smell and taste?

Your sense of taste and smell are directly connected to how well your nose is functioning. Whereas taste is dependent on your taste buds, not your nose, your ability to distinguish flavors comes from your sense of smell. Nasal polyps or tumors, congestion, and allergies can all affect how well you smell, and therefore, how well you taste. Head injuries that affect the bones connected to the nasal cavity can also cause you to lose your sense of smell permanently.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
Does nasal lavage help with nose disorders?
Nasal lavage, or nasal irrigation, helps to reduce the swelling and inflammation connected to nose d...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?