Will nose disorders affect my sense of smell and taste?

Your sense of taste and smell are directly connected to how well your nose is functioning. Whereas taste is dependent on your taste buds, not your nose, your ability to distinguish flavors comes from your sense of smell. Nasal polyps or tumors, congestion, and allergies can all affect how well you smell, and therefore, how well you taste. Head injuries that affect the bones connected to the nasal cavity can also cause you to lose your sense of smell permanently.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
What increases my risk for nose disorders?
Your risk for nose disorders increases depending on your health and your level of activity. Structur...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?