Why does a deviated septum cause nosebleeds?

A deviated septum affects the way air moves through your nostrils. This often has a drying effect on your septum. If it becomes too dry you may develop a nosebleed as a result. Regular nosebleeds are one of the most common symptoms associated with a deviated septum.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What is the rate of incidence of nose disorders?
Your nose is very important to your overall health and can be affected by many problems. As the nose...
What causes perennial allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Allergic rhinitis is a type of rhinitis caused by an allergy. When a person breathes in an allergen,...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?