Who is most likely to get choanal atresia?

Because choanal atresia is a congenital condition, only infants are affected by it. It is also more likely to be found in females than in males. Overall, choanal atresia is a rare condition, and very little is known about it, so it is difficult to know who is most likely to be diagnosed.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What risk factors are associated with a tumor in the nose or sinuses?
Satish Govindaraj, MDSatish Govindaraj, MD
Risk factors associated with an increased chance of developing malignant tumors of the nose and ...
What can cause nasal drip?
MediGuardMediGuard
Allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, can cause the nasal drip that may lead to other symptoms.  There is...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?