Who is most likely to get choanal atresia?

Because choanal atresia is a congenital condition, only infants are affected by it. It is also more likely to be found in females than in males. Overall, choanal atresia is a rare condition, and very little is known about it, so it is difficult to know who is most likely to be diagnosed.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Will nose disorders affect my sense of smell and taste?
Your sense of taste and smell are directly connected to how well your nose is functioning. Whereas t...
Are there alternative treatments for nose disorders?
The symptoms of nose disorders may be treatable with some alternative treatments. Nasal irrigation, ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?