When do you do surgery to repair a deviated septum for chronic sinusitis?

Satish Govindaraj, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)
Deviated septums rarely require surgery. In this video, Satish Govindaraj, MD, is director of endoscopic skull base surgery at The Mount Sinai Medical Center, explains when a procedure is necessary.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?
A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a sym...
Does smoking cigarettes lead to nose disorders?
Cigarette smoking negatively affects every organ in your body, including your nose. While cigarette ...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?