When do you do surgery to repair a deviated septum for chronic sinusitis?

Satish Govindaraj, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)
Deviated septums rarely require surgery. In this video, Satish Govindaraj, MD, is director of endoscopic skull base surgery at The Mount Sinai Medical Center, explains when a procedure is necessary.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How do I manage my allergic rhinitis on a daily basis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Pay attention to what brings on your allergic rhinitis symptoms, and try to avoid those allergens th...
What causes perennial allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Allergic rhinitis is a type of rhinitis caused by an allergy. When a person breathes in an allergen,...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?