When should I call my doctor if I have epistaxis (nosebleed)?

If you have a nosebleed, a professional should be called if:
  • Bleeding hasn't stopped after 30 minutes of direct pressure to the bridge of your nose; blood runs down the back of your throat even when the bridge of your nose is pinched.
  • The bleeding is caused by an injury and you suspect that your nose is broken.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How does nasal congestion impair my hearing?
Diana K. Blythe, MDDiana K. Blythe, MD
Nasal congestion can impair your hearing if it causes your eustachian tubes to be blocked. Whether t...
Is there a cure for nose disorders?
Nose disorders that are a result of structural problems may be cured with surgical treatments. A dev...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?