When should I call my doctor if I have epistaxis (nosebleed)?

If you have a nosebleed, a professional should be called if:
  • Bleeding hasn't stopped after 30 minutes of direct pressure to the bridge of your nose; blood runs down the back of your throat even when the bridge of your nose is pinched.
  • The bleeding is caused by an injury and you suspect that your nose is broken.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How do nose disorders affect the body?
Regardless of the cause of nose disorder, the effect on the body is determined by the severity of th...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?