What are the treatment options for infective rhinitis?

Treatment options for infective rhinitis (common cold) are aimed at reducing the severity and length of the symptoms. Most symptoms can be treated as needed with over-the-counter (OTC) medications. These OTC medications include antihistamines to reduce nasal stuffiness and drainage, pain relievers such as aspirin and acetaminophen, cough syrups, and decongestants. Some popular cold remedies such as Echinacea, zinc, and vitamin C have not been proven to be highly effective.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How is allergic rhinitis treated?
The most effective treatments for allergic rhinitis are corticosteroids or antihistamines that can b...
What is allergic rhinitis?
Allergic rhinitis is an irritation of the nasal passages. Allergens in your environment can cause al...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?