What are the treatment options for infective rhinitis?

Treatment options for infective rhinitis (common cold) are aimed at reducing the severity and length of the symptoms. Most symptoms can be treated as needed with over-the-counter (OTC) medications. These OTC medications include antihistamines to reduce nasal stuffiness and drainage, pain relievers such as aspirin and acetaminophen, cough syrups, and decongestants. Some popular cold remedies such as Echinacea, zinc, and vitamin C have not been proven to be highly effective.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Will nose disorders affect my sense of smell and taste?
Your sense of taste and smell are directly connected to how well your nose is functioning. Whereas t...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with nose disorders?
Caring for someone with a nose disorder requires first determining the cause. If a broken nose or ot...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?