What are the treatment options for anosmia?

Treatment options for anosmia can vary depending on the cause. If your anosmia is caused by an allergy or infection, your doctor can prescribe medicine to clear up your condition. If your anosmia is caused by a polyp or tumor, your doctor can remove the blockage. In some cases, such as when anosmia is caused by aging, the condition is permanent, so treatment consists of teaching coping methods. These methods may include installing smoke alarms, or having someone check for smoke or gas leaks at home.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What can cause nasal drip?
MediGuardMediGuard
Allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, can cause the nasal drip that may lead to other symptoms.  There is...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?