What are the symptoms of rhinitis medicamentosa?

The symptoms of rhinitis medicamentosa are a runny or stuffy nose, inflammation of the nasal passages, and postnasal drip. These symptoms often prompt the use of decongestant sprays or drops, but rhinitis medicamentosa is actually caused by those same medications. This is why it is sometimes referred to as "rebound" rhinitis.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How do I manage my allergic rhinitis on a daily basis?
Pay attention to what brings on your allergic rhinitis symptoms, and try to avoid those allergens th...
Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?
A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a sym...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?