What are the symptoms of nose disorders?

A person who has a nose disorder may experience various symptoms depending on the immediate cause of the nose disorder. Some common symptoms include nasal congestion, pain, and runny nose. Structural problems may lead to swollen airways; rhinitis may cause an itchy, runny nose; and sinusitis can lead to face pain, coughing, loss of smell, halitosis, fever, and general feeling of illness.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How does nasal congestion impair my hearing?
Diana K. Blythe, MDDiana K. Blythe, MD
Nasal congestion can impair your hearing if it causes your eustachian tubes to be blocked. Whether t...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?