What are the symptoms of anosmia?

Anosmia is the loss of sense of smell. Symptoms of anosmia may include not recognizing strong odors, such as smoke or gas. Anosmia may also impair a person's ability to taste certain food because the senses of taste and smell are tied together.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?
A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a sym...
What can I do for nasal congestion?
Tasneem H. Bhatia, MDTasneem H. Bhatia, MD
Natural remedies can be effective for clearing a stuffy nose, says integrative medicine speciali...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?