What are the symptoms of infective rhinitis?

The symptoms of infective rhinitis (common cold) are easy to recognize. The nose feels stuffy as the virus invades the mucous membranes and causes them to swell. The irritated membranes discharge fluid resulting in a runny nose. Some of the discharge may run down the throat and irritate it as well. The infected person usually feels slightly unwell and tired.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis treated?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Medicine and surgery can treat sinusitis, but rhinitis is treated with a nasal spray. In this video,...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?