What are the symptoms of infective rhinitis?

The symptoms of infective rhinitis (common cold) are easy to recognize. The nose feels stuffy as the virus invades the mucous membranes and causes them to swell. The irritated membranes discharge fluid resulting in a runny nose. Some of the discharge may run down the throat and irritate it as well. The infected person usually feels slightly unwell and tired.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What is the long-term prognosis for someone with nose disorders?
The long-term prognosis for nose disorder is good in that nose disorders are rarely serious. Some no...
Are there alternative treatments for nose disorders?
The symptoms of nose disorders may be treatable with some alternative treatments. Nasal irrigation, ...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?