What are some side effects of medication taken for catarrh?

Some decongestants can cause mild side effects such as nausea, discomfort in your nose and headaches. Steroid nasal sprays can cause painful reactions in your nose if taken for too long among other possible negative reactions. Decongestants and most nasal steroids are intended to be used for a short period of time only. Read directions carefully to prevent uncomfortable side effects.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
What increases my risk for nose disorders?
Your risk for nose disorders increases depending on your health and your level of activity. Structur...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?