What are some side effects of medication taken for catarrh?

Some decongestants can cause mild side effects such as nausea, discomfort in your nose and headaches. Steroid nasal sprays can cause painful reactions in your nose if taken for too long among other possible negative reactions. Decongestants and most nasal steroids are intended to be used for a short period of time only. Read directions carefully to prevent uncomfortable side effects.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Are there alternative treatments for nose disorders?
The symptoms of nose disorders may be treatable with some alternative treatments. Nasal irrigation, ...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?