What are some side effects of medication taken for catarrh?

Some decongestants can cause mild side effects such as nausea, discomfort in your nose and headaches. Steroid nasal sprays can cause painful reactions in your nose if taken for too long among other possible negative reactions. Decongestants and most nasal steroids are intended to be used for a short period of time only. Read directions carefully to prevent uncomfortable side effects.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How do I manage my allergic rhinitis on a daily basis?
Pay attention to what brings on your allergic rhinitis symptoms, and try to avoid those allergens th...
What can cause nasal drip?
MediGuardMediGuard
Allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, can cause the nasal drip that may lead to other symptoms.  There is...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?