What is the rate of incidence for infective rhinitis?

Infective rhinitis (common cold) is so contagious that the rate of incidence every year, just within the United States, is over one billion infections. Many of those infections occur to the same person because the average adult may have 2-4 colds within one year. Children in school or daycare are especially susceptible and may have up to 8 colds per year. Most people will have more colds during their lifetime than any other illness.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What can cause growths in the nose that occasionally bleed?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
There are many things that grow in noses that can occasionally bleed. Without seeing what is growing...
What is allergic rhinitis?
Retreat Doctors’ Hospital - HCA VirginiaRetreat Doctors’ Hospital - HCA Virginia
Allergies, sometimes referred to as allergic rhinitis, are a very common health problem involving an...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?