What is the rate of incidence for infective rhinitis?

Infective rhinitis (common cold) is so contagious that the rate of incidence every year, just within the United States, is over one billion infections. Many of those infections occur to the same person because the average adult may have 2-4 colds within one year. Children in school or daycare are especially susceptible and may have up to 8 colds per year. Most people will have more colds during their lifetime than any other illness.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for non-allergic rhinitis?
Treatments for non-allergic rhinitis vary, depending on severity and type of symptoms. If your sympt...
How do nose disorders affect the body?
Regardless of the cause of nose disorder, the effect on the body is determined by the severity of th...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?