What type of nasal surgery can help straighten the septum?

Many people with a deviated septum do not need treatment. But if one has a badly deviated septum and it is causing sleep problems or difficulty breathing through the nose, a surgery called a septoplasty may be performed. The procedure straightens the crooked septum.
The septum is the partition down the middle of your nose. A deviated septum means the partition isn't straight. This can make it difficult to breathe. Surgery to straighten the septum is called nasal septal reconstruction.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Are allergies the same as nose disorders?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
The nose is just one of many parts of the body that can be affected by allergies. And nose disorders...
What can I do about my runny nose?
For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal spray...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?