What type of nasal surgery can help straighten the septum?

Many people with a deviated septum do not need treatment. But if one has a badly deviated septum and it is causing sleep problems or difficulty breathing through the nose, a surgery called a septoplasty may be performed. The procedure straightens the crooked septum.
The septum is the partition down the middle of your nose. A deviated septum means the partition isn't straight. This can make it difficult to breathe. Surgery to straighten the septum is called nasal septal reconstruction.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What are the treatment options for allergic rhinitis?
If your allergic rhinitis symptoms are interfering with your daily life, you should talk to your doc...
How is a nose disorder diagnosed?
Nasal disorders are often diagnosed by the basic symptoms observed by you and your doctor. If furthe...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?